Last revised on January 15, 2022
The present General Terms and Conditions set forth the terms for use of My Transgender Date (“The Platform”). Please read them carefully.
The Platform is a social hub designed to connect new people with the same interests, a place to find the person for you and to share information. It is made to be a fun place, but at the same time a safe and friendly website / mobile app. You agree that you will only use The Platform in a manner consistent with its purpose and which is in accordance with these terms and conditions (the “Terms”). When we mention “The Platform”, we mean https://mytransgenderdate.com together with affiliated websites and applications.
Any actions such as visit to the website, access, registration and/or navigation or browsing in the various sections of the Website or downloading the mobile app are considered agreement from you (the “User”) to the present Terms. In case you do not agree with the Terms please do not use the website or our mobile app.
The agreement is concluded between the user and Building Bridges Ltd (with trade name “My Transgender Date”), registered in the Commercial Register and the Register of Non-Profit Organizations of Bulgaria with UIC 206687215, еmail: email@example.com.
“Website / Platform / Mobile App” is the service which can be accessed at https://mytransgenderdate.com and through our mobile app.
“User” or “You” is a natural person, over 18 years of age (such age must be completed already upon access to the Platform and any action relating to it), who visits the Platform.
“Registered User” is a natural person, over 18 years of age (such age must be completed already upon access to the Platform and any action relating to it), who registers an User Account.
In order to use the services of the Platform and to create an account, the User must meet cumulatively the following requirements:
- To be over 18 years of age (such age must be completed already upon access to the Platform and any action relating to it) and be legally permitted to use the Platform by the laws of your home country.
- To be of full legal capacity to enter into and be bound by the Terms.
Upon registration, the User must fill in the registration fields with the required data (and/or the optional data), to agree with the Terms as well as to confirm that he/she has acquainted himself/herself with the Privacy (Data Protection) Notice.
With registering the User Account, you warrant that:
- all registration information you provide is accurate and complete (you must keep such data correct, true, accurate and updated throughout the time the User Account is active), and
- that by using the Platform you will not be violating any law or regulation of the country in which you are resident, thus you are solely responsible for your compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations, and
- That you have not been convicted of, nor are subject to any court order relating to assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment.
- The Platform does conduct criminal background checks on its members or otherwise inquire into the background of its members.
- The Platform makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct or compatibility of members.
- The Platform is not a marriage brokering service, mail order bride service or a matchmaking service. The Platform is under no obligation to broker any other Users or Users for you.
The User can access the content and services of the Platform after the User explicitly confirms his age and accepts these Terms. The User bears the full responsibility for declaring correct information in order to access the content of the Platform. Building Bridges takes all reasonable measures for the protection of minors from the use of the Platform in general. The Platform is exclusively addressed to persons who meet the requirements of age.
One natural person can have only one User Account. If Building Bridges has information that one natural person is registered with more than one User Account, Building Bridges has the right to deactivate all accounts.
We do want to provide you with unique experience browsing the Platform but at the same time we require registration in order to provide you access to all functionalities of the Platform.
We also provide an option to register using your social profile.
Allowed and prohibited content
You are able to post or upload everything on the Platform, including photographs, emails, text, messages and other content and digital media (“Content”) which do not contradict the prohibited content. The prohibited content that you must not post, send or upload is:
- content that contains expletives or language which could be deemed offensive or is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- pornographic, illegal or which otherwise may offend human dignity;
- encourages any illegal activity including, without limitation, terrorism and inciting racial hatred;
- abusive, insulting or threatening, or which promotes, depicts or encourages violence, self-harm, suicide, racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry;
- contains any spyware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programs or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal data;
- contains images of children, even if you are also in the photo, or endangers or harms minors;
- relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium line telephone numbers), incl. impersonates a person, company or brand with the intent to deceive or confuse others;
- violating any law or infringes any third party’s rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, rights of publicity and privacy rights);
- includes the image of another person where such Content was created or distributed without that person’s knowledge, and without that person having been afforded an opportunity to refuse such creation or distribution;
- a defamation and or constitutes promoting or advertising of third-party products or services;
- is in breach of the Terms.
With posting any Content, you hereby declare that:
- you shall ensure that the content published by you on the Platform meets the above requirements and is in accordance with the Terms. You bear full responsibility for any damages that may be suffered by Building Bridges in relation to a published content which is not compliant with those Terms.
- you are aware that Building Bridges is entitled, at its own discretion, to delete or restrict the access to any content published by the Users which is not compliant with those Terms. We may prevent you from using the Platform, we may disable your account or block you from further use of the Platform without notice and we may remove any such improper, infringing, or otherwise unauthorized Content you have submitted.
- any content published by you is deemed non-confidential and not subject to patent. You grant unlimited, permanent, worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable license for storage, use, playback and distribution of such content. By publishing the content, you give permission for such content to be accessible to other Users and that such content might be used by Us.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion and without giving you notice, to remove or edit, limit or block access to any Content that you upload or submit to our Platform without any incurring liability to you. We have no obligation to display any Content that you submit, nor to check the accuracy or truthfulness of any Content submitted, nor to monitor your use or the use of other users of the Platform.
Nonetheless, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to monitor any profile (User Account) or Content being uploaded and by entering into these Terms, you acknowledge and agree that we may engage in such monitoring. The monitoring can be done with automatic solutions and software or by our employees and associates.
By posting, uploading or sending Content on the Platform you represent and warrant to us that you exclusively own such Content and/or otherwise have the right to grant us the rights to use such Content in accordance with these Terms.
Also by using, uploading or sending Content on the Platform you automatically grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide license to use such Content in any way (including, without limitation, editing, copying, modifying, adapting, translating, reformatting, creating derivative works from, incorporating into other works, advertising, distributing and otherwise making available to the general public such Content, whether in whole or in part and in any format or medium currently known or developed in the future). Having that said, we may assign and/or sub-license the above license to our affiliates and successors without any further approval by, or notice to you.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who claims that any Content posted or uploaded by you to the Platform constitutes a violation of their intellectual property, privacy or other rights.
In addition, you are informed that you cannot copy, modify, adapt, distribute, publish or sell all or any part of the Platform or the Content contained on our Platform except the Content submitted by you personally.
Upon acceptance of these Terms, you are granted a non-exclusive permission of access and personal use of the Platform, for the purposes specifically detailed in these Terms. This permission shall by no means entail permission to take up or amend the Platform or any part thereof, which can only be allowed with the written permission of Building Bridges. Such access permission granted to the User does not allow any resale or commercial use, reproduction, creation of copies, copying, transmission, announcement, placement on the market, amendment, or assignment of permission, or any other manner of exploitation of this Platform or its content, any collection and use of any lists, descriptions or photographs of products, any derivative use of this Platform or its content, any receipt or copying of account details for the benefit of a trader, or any use of data extraction tools, robots, or similar data collection and extraction tools. Use in any manner, or another kind of use of the Platform and its content for professional or commercial purposes, is prohibited.
Impeding the operation of the Platform and replacing or amending its content (images, photographs, texts, etc.) is prohibited. Commission or facilitation of criminal offences in any manner, transmission of viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, and any action, in general, that may lead to an unaccepted or extensive encumbrance of the infrastructure or the operation of the Platform is prohibited. Users must comply with the privacy obligations, while they must abstain from using the Platform in a vulgar, offensive, illegal or obscene manner.
The User may not destroy data, cause discontent to other Users, violate the property rights of other persons, send unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly known as “spam”, or try to influence the performance or functionality of any of the Platform features or features to which the User gained access through the Platform. The Platform informs its customers that it will notify the competent authorities of any such violation that may come to its knowledge. It will also notify the Authorities of any data requested, in accordance with the requirements of the law.
Using our Platform gives you plenty of possibilities and you are allowed to do everything which does not contradict those Terms. Below you can find some important things you need to take into consideration:
- You should not share information that you do not want to. This may include personal contact or banking information on your profile page (“Profile”) whether in relation to you or any other person (for example, full names, home addresses or postcodes, telephone numbers, email addresses, URLs, credit/debit card or other banking details, or place of work). If you do choose to reveal any personal data about yourself to other users, whether via email or otherwise, it is at your own risk.
- You may only use the other Platform Users’ personal data to the extent that your use of it matches the Platform’s purpose of allowing people to meet one another. You may not use other Users’ information for commercial purposes, to spam, to harass, stalk or to make unlawful threats. We reserve the right to terminate your account, or prevent access to its features if you misuse other users’ information.
- Only you are authorized to access your account. You must not share your password with anyone or let anyone else access your account as this jeopardizes the security of all of the Content and personal data that you have submitted to the Platform. You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure. The Platform is not liable for any unauthorized access to your account. If you suspect that someone has gained access to your account, you must let us know immediately.
You are obliged to avoid disclosing your account name and password to other persons, so that any unauthorized access and use will be prevented (especially, but not exclusively, to any minors). Each User must promptly notify Us, if they have reasons to believe that:
- the User name and/or the password could or may have become known to a third party, or
- there is a risk that the User name and/or the password can be used without their permission.
Some functionalities may require paid subscription. You can choose to subscribe to the Platform and to pay the applicable fees. The subscription can be done in one of the following ways:
- Through the Platform internally; or
- Through the applicable app store from which the App can be downloaded.
Eligibility for any promotions or discounts is ascertained at the time you subscribe and cannot be changed during the term of your subscription. You are responsible for reading and understanding the specific terms and conditions applicable to any promotions or discounts.
The Platform reserves the right to revise and update the applicable fees for subscriptions (including the fees set out on the relevant app stores where you subscribe to the Platform, if applicable), and the different subscription packages available, at any time at its sole discretion. Any such revision or updates to the fees will apply prospectively to any subscription entered into following the effective date of the fee revision or update.
You can pay the fees for your subscription on the Platform or the App (when available) through the options described at the payment page or app store.
The price of your subscription, as well as the currency in which your subscription is payable, will be specified during the order process, and may vary depending on your country of residence (as determined by the IP address of your device used to access the Platform).
When you purchase a subscription, you must provide us with complete and accurate payment information. By submitting payment details, you represent that you are entitled to purchase a subscription using those payment details. If we do not receive payment authorization or any authorization is subsequently cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend your access to your subscription. The Platform reserves the right to contact the issuing bank/payment provider and/or law enforcement authorities or other appropriate third parties if there is suspicious activity.
In addition to the subscription fee you are charged, certain banks and credit card issuers may charge a foreign transaction fee on transactions which take place abroad or in a foreign currency. You are responsible for paying any such fees.
The subscription services are not transferable, whether for free or as a sale or barter transaction, and the Platform does not recognize any purported transfers of subscription services. Accordingly, you may not trade, sell, gift or attempt to sell any subscription services for value of any kind. Any such transfer or attempted transfer is prohibited and void, and will subject your account to termination.
You agree to make all payments of fees to the Platform and clear of, and without reduction for, any withholding taxes. Any such taxes imposed on payments of fees to the Platform will be your sole responsibility, and you will provide the Platform with official receipts issued by the appropriate taxing authority, or such other evidence as we may reasonably request, to establish that such taxes have been paid.
When the option is available and chosen on the Platform, your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel at least twenty-four (24) hours before the end of the current billing period. You will also be informed about the automatic renewal prior to the end of the current billing period with an email. Upon such cancellation, you will still be entitled to access the subscription services on the Platform for the remainder of the duration that you have paid for.
Cancellation and refund
Recurring subscription via the Platform
As you are allowed to cancel the automatic renewal at any time before the end of the current billing period, you are not entitled to receive a refund for the subscription and your access will continue until the expiration of the billing period.
Recurring subscription via the App Store
If you have subscribed for the Platform through an app store, the cancellation and refund of subscription fees will be governed by the applicable terms and conditions of that app store. The Platform itself does not provide any refund apart from the app stores.
Nevertheless, in this case we reserve the right to terminate your account, or prevent access to its features without prior notification.
Non-recurring subscription via Platform
Where you have chosen non-recurring subscription through our Platform, you may change your mind and contact us to cancel your subscription at any time. In this case you will receive a refund of the amount you have paid for the subscription minus the period in which you have used the subscription services.
Take into consideration that in order to mitigate abusive refund requests, you agree on our early termination penalty which applies in the first 10 days starting from the date of the subscription/renewal. This means that if you cancel your subscription in the first 10 days (for example day 1 or day 5 or day 9), we will charge 10 days subscription services (or the amount of 10 USD, whichever is higher) and will refund you the amount equal to the rest of the days until the end of the subscription/renewal period.
After a payment is made and following expiry of the subscription period, fees paid of subscriptions are non-refundable and there is no right to refunds or credits unless required by Applicable Laws.
Termination of account
If you are a Registered User on the Platform, you can terminate your User Account at any time.
The termination possibilities are two:
- Deactivation – in this case we just temporarily switch off your account. We save your profile information in case you later decide to restore your account. You will therefore be able to restore your account and your profile in its entirety within 36 months of deactivating it.
- Deletion – in this case we permanently erase your account and all Content and settings. With request of deletion, we have the right to delete any related Content that you have submitted or uploaded on to the Platform.
In addition, all accounts are automatically deactivated after 6 months of non-activity.
In case the deactivation and deletion of the User Account is for reasons that there is evidence of bad faith, illegal, or anti-contractual navigation and/or use of the Platform (detected by us or following a complaint by any third party) the data from the User Account will be kept for the purpose of confirming that the same User will not register again on the Platform.
Our rights as a Platform
As owner of the Platform we have to organize the safe and pleasant stay of any User. Having that said, we can solely and under our discretion:
- amend the appearance (interface), functionalities or the content of the Platform, to suspend or terminate the operation of the Platform or to block (permanently or temporality) the access of the Registered Users to the Platform, with or without prior notification thereof;
- upon its discretion to grant access to different content on the Platform, depending on the User being with registered User Account or not or depending on the User Account permissions;
- to block (permanently or temporality) the access to the Platform or to sections of the Platform for all Users or for certain Users, upon suspicion that the present Terms, the applicable Bulgarian law or other terms have been violated; in the event of fraud, illegal activities of the Users;
- to deactivate the User Account;
- to delete or restrict the access to any content published by the Users which is not compliant with Terms;
- limit the number of User Accounts that can be registered;
- stipulate additional conditions and requirements for the opening or maintaining of User Accounts; and/or
- refuse to create a User Account for you.
Availability of services and security
The Platform shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Platform is available to you. However, access to the Platform may be disrupted from time to time due to necessary maintenance, technical issues, used software or OS system as well as web browser, network and system overloads or events outside of the Platform’s control. The Platform will use commercially reasonable efforts to avoid downtime of the Platform, but assumes no liability if the Platform or any part thereof is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for antivirus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Platform for any reconstruction of any lost data.
You acknowledge and agree that the Platform shall not have any liability or be responsible in any way for: (a) your use of the Internet to connect to the Platform or any technical problems, system failures or security breaches; (b) the hardware that you use to access the Platform (including in respect of viruses and malicious software, and any inappropriate material) and the integrity and proper storage of any of your data associated with the Platform that is stored on your own hardware; or (c) any fees you may incur in order to connect to the internet for the purpose of using or accessing the Platform.
You must immediately notify the Platform team in the event that you become aware of any part of the Platform malfunctioning or if you otherwise experience any material malfunction or other connectivity problem that adversely affects your access to or use of the Platform.
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Platform expressly excludes, disclaims and shall not be liable for:
- all conditions, representations, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (however arising including negligence), or any claims, charges, demands, liabilities, losses or expenses arising out of loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a computer or electronic virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, wasted management or office time, breach of contract or claims of third parties or other losses of any kind or character, even if the Platform has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Platform.
The whole content of the Platform is provided “as is”, without any requirements or other guarantees of its accuracy or suitability for the use or the purpose for which the Platform is intended.
In no event will the Platform’s total liability to you in respect of the Platform and any losses arising under or in connection with your use of the Platform or the terms, whether in contract, tort (including negligence, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise) exceed the greater of (i) $10 USD, or (ii) the amounts paid by you to the Platform during the three (3) month period immediately preceding the event(s) giving rise to such liability.
The User agrees to compensate, defend and release the Platform or any associated company or the company within the Platform of any and all claims of third parties, liability, damages and/or costs arising as a result or on the occasion of any wrongful illegal or anti-contractual use of the Platform from the User, or as a result of the wrongful breach on the User’s part of any of the General Terms and Conditions.
The Platform is not liable for any consequential, possible and indirect damages or for omitted profit, including profits not made, loss of data, suspension of activity, damage to the fame or reputation, or for the cost of purchase of substitute products, or any other damage of whatever nature that could arise from the use of the Platform, or the content thereof, or from the inability to use the Platform, the inability to participate in any tendering procedure or offer regardless of whether such damages could have been foreseen or whether they arise in the framework of the contract, the conduct of the purchase, due to tort or by negligence, based on the applicable laws, or in another manner.
The Platform shall not bear any liability for any damage caused to User or third party, which result from:
- the access to or the use of information received from the Platform or posted on the Platform;
- lack of access the Platform irrespective of the reasons;
- amendments to the appearance (interface), functions and properties, suspension or termination of the use of the Platform;
- any loss of information stored in the User Account;
- use of non-up-to-dated software browsers or OS systems as well as illegal ones.
The Platform shall not bear any responsibility for damages resulting from viruses, hackers’ attacks or other dangerous software that might affect functioning of the electronic device, computer equipment or other appliance used by the User for access to the Platform or during the use of the Platform.
The Platform shall not provide any guarantee (i) of the proper operation of the Platform; (ii) of the access and use of the Platform; (iii) of the full, accurate, and updated nature of the contents, the information, or the data available on the Platform; (iv) of the absence of any defects or errors in the content and/or the operation of the Platform; (v) of the absence of viruses or other malicious software; and (vi) of the absence of certain qualities that could be expected in relation to such Platform or the content thereof.
The Platform shall not bear any liability for any discrepancies in the photographic depiction or any lack of communication with other people as well, neither for the accuracy or reliability of any information or content regarding any products, software, or advertisements included in the Website, as well as of the content of third parties to which the User is referred through hyperlinks from the Website, or to which the Website provides access.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to hold harmless and indemnify us and our officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and licensors from and against any third party claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), actions, proceedings, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable solicitors’ fees) suffered or reasonably incurred by us arising as a result of, or in connection with, your access to and use of The Platform, your interactions with any other users of the Platform, the uploading or submission of Content to the Platform by you or your conduct, your violation of any law or of any rights of any third party, and/or any other negligent or willful misconduct by you. The Platform retains the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay any and all claims or causes of action which are brought against us without your prior consent.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These terms are governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of Bulgaria. The User and Building Bridges and/or The Platform, upon acceptance of these Terms, agree that any disputes arising in relation to the performance or non-performance under the Terms will be referred to the competent courts in Sofia, Bulgaria.
You should frequently visit our Terms, as they may be amended at times. Both these Terms and any amendments thereto are the contractual framework which governs the relationship between the you and us at any given time.
Should any term be judged as abusive or be cancelled, this shall not affect the remaining terms, which will continue to apply and to bind the parties. In any case, to the extent that this is feasible, one term/sub-term or part thereof may be taken into consideration separately, in order for the remaining part to become valid. The term will be construed accordingly.
We reserve the right, indicatively, and not exclusively to change at any time, without justification and without any prior notification, part or all of the Terms.
We also may introduce amendments to the Terms. The amended Terms are published on the Website and if the amendment is crucial for your rights and obligations we may additionally, within 7 days as of publication send notification thereof to the Registered Users at the email specified by the User.
With respect to non-registered Users, if the User does not agree to the amendments, they should leave the Platform and abstain from using the Platform.
With respect to Registered Users, if the Registered User does not agree to the amendments, they should inform us within 3 days from the amendment. In case within one month the Registered User does not object to the amendments, it is deemed that the Registered User accepts the amendments and is bound by the Terms as amended. In case the Registered User objects to the amendments, the contract between Us and the User is terminated upon receipt of the User’s notification.